What is Creek Show?
Presented by Waller Creek Conservancy, Creek Show is an outreach program designed to surprise and delight audiences with outstanding light based art installations that celebrate, support, and educate the community on the importance and impact transforming Waller Creek will have on Austin's social, cultural, and ecological future. Launched in 2014 as a one night event, Creek Show has grown in popularity each year with an estimated 20,000 attendees wandering in wonder through along the creek installations each year.
Where is Creek Show?
This year’s Creek Show returns in a slightly different location! Installations and activities will happen between 9th & 11th Streets in the heart of the Red River Cultural District!
When is Creek Show?
Creek Show runs for nine-nights and kicks-off Friday, November 9, 2018 and closed Saturday, November 17, 2018. Creek Show is openly night from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
How much does it cost to attend?
Creek Show is FREE and open to the public!
How do I get to Creek Show?
Walking, biking, ride share, and public transportation are strongly encouraged! Limited paid street and garage parking is available around the district.
Will there be food and beverages at Creek Show?
Creek Show will have a variety of food and beverage options available inside of our food truck court next to the Doyle House. Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase inside of the Creek Show Lounge and Doyle House. We also encourage you to visit the great bars and restaurants in the neighborhood.
What activities and programs will I find at Creek Show?
In addition to the six site-specific light-based art installations, Creek Show also offers an exciting interactive Creek Show Lounge, a variety of robust family and children’s programming, a diverse line-up of Austin’s best band, local food and beverage vendors, and exclusive access to deals at participating businesses along Waller Creek in the Red River Cultural District and Sixth Street Historic District!
Are strollers allowed inside of Creek Show?
Attendees are welcome to bring strollers to Creek Show. Please note, the pedestrian trails around the creek do have limited space and accessibility at times. For your convenience, there will be a designated stroller parking area inside of the Family & Children’s zone, located at the Doyle House. We encourage families to utilize this space as much as possible to to maximize your experience and other Creek Show attendees.
Is the event ADA-accessible?
Symphony Square is fully ADA-accessible. Our future plans for Waller Creek parks and trails include ADA accessibility along the length of the creek. The infrastructure at creek level dates back to the 1970’s. The trail in these two blocks may be navigable for individuals with mobility challenges but the trail is not up to ADA standards currently.
Is Creek Show dog-friendly?
Friendly, leashed dogs are welcome in all outdoor areas of Creek Show. Dog will not permitted inside of buildings unless they are a service animal.
Creek Show Rules
- Have fun and enjoy the wonder of Creek Show and Waller Creek!
- Creek Show hours at 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM night. Hours strictly enforced, unless otherwise noted.
- For the safety of attendees, artists, the installations, and the Waller Creek ecosystem, individuals are prohibited from entering or swimming in the creek. Plants and animals are protected - do not remove or disturb.
- Creek Show is a drug and smoke-free event. All Waller Creek Conservancy facilities and Austin Parks and Recreation Department parks are drug and smoke-free environments per City Ordinance.
- Unauthorized possession of weapons is prohibited at Creek Show.
- No outside alcoholic beverages or glass containers are allowed at Creek Show.
- Selling, exhibiting, or promoting food, beverages, merchandise, or services at Creek Show is prohibited. If your business or organization is interested in being a vendor or sponsor at Creek Show, please reach out to Waller Creek Conservancy’s Programming & Events Manager, Donald Miller at email@example.com.
- Conducting commercial photography or video is prohibited at Creek Show. If you are interested in capturing commercial photography or video, please reach out to Waller Creek Conservancy’s Programming & Events Manager, Donald Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.